Friday, April 18, 2014

Cooking Class Confessions: Macarons from France

Hi everyone! It has been too long since my last update. In these past couple of months, I have been helping out at a delightful cooking school in Clintonville, Ohio, The Seasoned Farmhouse. During my assistance, I learned the ins and outs of instructing a cooking class. I saw how much work went into it, from buying ingredients, preparing them, preparing recipes, and cleaning, but I also saw how much enjoyment can be had in the process of teaching others the joy of cooking! I've assisted with French Bistro classes, Middle Eastern cooking classes, and Italian pasta cooking classes. These experiences made me realize how much I would enjoy being a cooking instructor as well.

MACARON LOVE

 Following this inspiration, I have designed and led several cooking classes, my first being an Italian pasta cooking class (pictures to be posted soon) and my second, a french macaron baking class. The French Macaron isn't an easy cookie to master. These small and seemingly innocent cookies actually take a lot of attention to detail, precision, and time.

Our Melange of Sweet Shapes

A typical batch takes at least around 4 hours from start to finish. If you saw my very first blog post below, it contains the recipe for the French Macaron which I learned from a class I took in Paris :). For now, I wanted to document the macaron cooking class, and what I learned from doing it.

Some of our participants got very creative

Voila! Heart Macaron

Demonstrating how to pipe a macaron

Beautiful Mika and her Rose Flavored Macaron

Rose Flavored Macaron, filled with white chocolate and Rose Water

Grace and her piping skills

Green Tea Matcha Macaron
I intend to continue with the cooking and baking classes :). I will update soon with photos from the Italian Pasta class!

3 comments:

  1. No way. You're assisting at The Seasoned Farmhouse?? I need to make a trip this summer to Ohio..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shino!! Yes, I would love for you to visit me!! <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete