Thursday, May 21, 2015

Interview with Molly Wizenberg and Brandon Petit!

GUYSSSS ----> !

you won't believe but I got to interview and visit Molly Wizenberg, the author of A Homemade Life  and Delancey!! I contacted her before visiting Seattle, and she agreed to let me come interview and visit her!! In this interview we talk about how to find your voice as a writer, and she gives some very good and practical tips. She also gives tips on how to run a successful blog, and about the history of her and her husband Brandon's restaurant, Delancey. 

In part 2 of the interview, Brandon speaks about how to create a successful restaurant business, and the many things to consider when creating a restaurant!




I cannot explain to you how enthralled I was with meeting this amazing couple!! I got my Delancey book signed by Molly, Brandon showed me the back of the restaurant, where they have been doing cooking classes with "The Pantry at Delancey", and he walked me through the cooking area of the restaurant. As a finale, I enjoyed the pizza with my husband Alan and a friend. The crust was super thin, and crispy and bubbly at the ends. We enjoyed the "white pie", a pizza topped with mozarella, grana, and other delicious cheeses, topped with aromatic, juicy slices of garlic clove, and we tried the Bacon and Onion, a red-sauce pizza topped with caramelized onions and thick pieces of smoky bacon, of local and delicious quality.








Meeting Molly and interviewing her inspired me a lot because I realized she is a normal person, just like you and I :). I sometimes tend to idolize authors and put them on a pedestal, but I realized that she worked hard to get to where she is, being consistent with her blog, developing her voice as a writer, building a restaurant...that all takes consistent energy and effort. I learned a lot from her interviewing about being a writer, and I think you will too.

Enjoy! Please comment below with your thoughts <3



Kaori: "Molly, what are some tips on how to become a good writer?"

Molly: "Just write everyday."

2 comments:

  1. I need to try Delancey's now. I'm on a hunt to find the best pizza in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hyoj you should! Make it a date night, you won't be disappointed!! Really good pizza and a great atmosphere :)!

      Delete